Our program is designed so that as the child moves up there is continuity from one age grouping to the next. Complete a registration form and submit it to our center.
(14 months – 2 1/2 years)
- Communication is a partnership with parents. The focus of this partnership is to develop a plan to include each child’s individual needs, temperament, and cues.
- Guidance is positive. The goal is to help guide children toward controlling their own behavior
- Children are provided with a sensory rich environment that invites exploration and optimum learning experiences. Solitary and parallel play is respected and supported. Appropriate space and materials are provided organized and easily accessible.
- Daily schedules are flexible and smooth dictated by the children’s needs. Activities are balanced to support active and quiet play both indoors and outdoors.
- Self help skills are encouraged to help children learn about their world, acquire skills and regulate their behavior.
ECEAP/ Headstart Blend (2 1/2 – 5 years)
- Communication is a partnership with parents. It is a priority to continue to build a relationship with families in order to plan for each child.
- Children are provided with an environment that gives them the opportunity to foster positive relationships and be an active participant in the classroom community.
- Daily schedules allow for active and quiet time Extended periods in learning centers for more complex play are offered.
- Teachers frequently engage children in planning and reflecting on their experiences.
- Teachers promote learning and development by providing assistance and or add supports to enable each child to master a challenge just beyond his current level.
- We incorporate kindergarten readiness into our program by working with the local schools to prepare our children for the transition into kindergarten.
(School Age: K-5th Grade)
- Assistance with homework challenges and tutoring in specific areas as requested when we plan with parents.
- An environment that is flexible for indoor and outdoor activities as well as the freedom to chose active or quiet play
- Field trips
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Teachers offer opportunities that promote initiative, cooperation and other pro-social behaviors, perseverance, task orientation, and self orientation by providing engaging activities, encouraging individual choices, allowing ample time for children to complete work, and ensuring numerous opportunities for one-on-one time with the teacher or with friends.
Transportation to the following schools is provided
- McCarver Elementary transportation provided by Tacoma School District
- Bryant Montessori transportation provided by Tacoma Day
For more information, contact us